Know What To Bring…
If you plan on filling out the FAFSA online at the event, in addition to the items on the checklist below, please make sure you:
Apply for your FAFSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov
For more information on the FAFSA ID, please visit: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid#fsaid-intro
Having the right information with you at a College Goal South Carolina event will make the process much easier, so bring as many of the following items for yourself and your parents as you can:
- 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned**
- A valid e-mail address that you can access from a computer or smart phone
- Social Security number (you can find this on your social security card), Full Name, Dates of Birth
- Driver’s license (of any kind)
- 2017 year-end pay stubs and other year-end records of money received
- 2017 untaxed income records (Child Support received, Social Security, Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefits, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans/military housing and benefits records), Total money received or paid on your behalf (unless paid by parent on FAFSA)
- 2017 bank statements
- 2017 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Your alien registration card and/or Visa (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
*If you are not a dependent student, you do not need the listed items from your parent(s)/guardian(s).
To determine if you are a dependent or independent student, watch this video for more information.